Robbing a bank in Sweden isn’t what it used to be. Just ask the man who attempted to rob a cashless bank. Sweden is the first country to move toward a cashless system. Only about 1% of the country’s GDP moves in cash and the government is working on developing a digital currency.
- Messy Retail Counters Chase Away Customers
- How To Demonstrate Reseller Value And Restaurant POS Relevance
- Modernizing The One-Trick Pony POS System Into A Multi-Functional Workhorse
- Your Roll-Up Strategy: What Should You Do About Disparate ERP Systems?
- Make The Switch From Cash Discounts To Dual Pricing
- 5 Questions To Help Organizations Prepare For Best Outcomes When Labor Resources Are Scarce
- Innovation Is Crucial For Modern Enterprises To Adapt And Survive
In our ongoing quest to provide you with the best business advice possible, we’ve partnered with The ASCII Group and their members who are going to share their thoughts on timely topics or best business practices. In this article, six ASCII members answered our questions about quiet quitting.
A VAR's job isn't easy. Between decreasing margins, mergers & acquisitions, and difficulty finding and retaining talent- it seems sometimes you can't win. Then, unexpectedly, one more overwhelming problem appears making all the other problems seem small by comparison such as; Solutions providers sunsetting products, then forcing VARs to offer cloud solutions they themselves can no longer service and support (snatching away future opportunities).
We discussed the problems VARs face when their solutions provider sunsets a product, leaving them with no choice but to offer solutions they don't want to because of a lack of support, the inability to service and support their clients, or any other reasons. We discussed alternative solutions then and, in this Q&A with nightclub/restaurant owner Tino Roncone, we explored what your clients are looking for when they are vetting you.
- Why Sell Self-Service Solutions In A Tough Economy
- VARs ‘Backup’ Their Business Model By Transitioning To Managed Services
- How SaaS Startups Can Overcome Regulatory Compliance Challenges
- Strengthening IT Security To Manage Remote Workforce Vulnerabilities
- Is Hyperautomation Just Hype Or Could It Help Companies Innovate Their Way Out Of Recession?
- How To Help Your Clients Ensure Cybersecurity In 2023
- A Peek Into 2023: How Will Cyber Look Tomorrow?
WHITE PAPERS & ARTICLES
Membership Has Its Privileges
Lynn Souza, President and CEO of Connect Computer, has been an ASCII member for six years. Ask her why and she’ll tell you it’s because ASCII is a caring group that wants to help the industry. Furthermore, ASCII members helping each other ultimately results in individuals learning to help themselves. How is this possible? Souza answered this question and more when she took time to speak with me at the ASCII Success Summit held in October in Providence, RI.
Retail Stores In Dublin Eradicate Cash Shrinkage
Theft is one of the retail world’s biggest challenges, especially in the independent convenience sector where stores are often manned by a handful of people that are not equipped with the latest security gizmos. In fact, nearly half of retailers (49 percent) have experienced theft of cash from their premises. This hurts businesses and their customers because merchants often have to pass on these losses by raising prices. With cash management solutions, businesses can fight back against theft and achieve an advantage over competitors.
The ASCII Group is a vibrant community of independent MSPs, VARS and solution providers in North America. The organization offers members leveraged purchasing programs, education and training, knowledge sharing among peers, discounts on business services, and more. Founded in 1984 by Alan Weinberger, ASCII is the oldest and largest group of independent IT solution providers, integrators and VARS in the world.
CompTIA is the voice of the world's information technology (IT) industry.
RSPA stands for Retail Solutions Providers Association. We are the only association dedicated to the retail technology industry.
At apg® we believe that brick-and-mortar retail connects people to their community, to each other, and drives business success. For more than 40 years, we have been supplying your communities and their retail and hospitality businesses with cash drawers through various partner channels.
Total Touch Point of Sale is an integrated point of sale system designed to help Restaurant & Bar Owners increase sales and manage their business. It’s also designed to help Point of Sale Resellers maximize business growth and recurring revenue potential.
POS & PAYMENT PROCESSING
- Episode 1: Harness The Network Power Of Partner Ecosystems For Faster Sales, Bigger Deals, And Higher Close Rates
- Episode 4: Harness The Network Power Of Partner Ecosystems For Faster Sales, Bigger Deals, And Higher Close Rates
- Episode 3: Harness The Network Power Of Partner Ecosystems For Faster Sales, Bigger Deals, And Higher Close Rates
- 5 Reasons Why MSPs Choose Webroot MDR
VAR INSIGHTS NEWSLETTERS
- 05.30.23 -- 5 Ways To Enhance Your Business Reputation
- 05.23.23 -- Why You Shouldn't Recommend A Retail POS System For A Restaurant
- 05.16.23 -- Make The Switch From Cash Discounts To Dual Pricing
- 05.09.23 -- Cloud-Based Vs. Server-Based POS: How To Pick The Perfect System For You
- 05.02.23 -- Leverage Trust To Grow Your POS Reseller Business
BLUETOOTH-ENABLED CASH DRAWERS
Need your POS device to become mobile? The BluePRO® Bluetooth device enables a cash drawer to pair with a mobile device allowing retailers to wirelessly synchronize and create direct relationship. The BluePRO® device requires integration with a trusted POS software.
The MSP’s Guide To Building A Better Cloud Practice: Tips From MSPs For MSPs
As small and medium businesses (SMBs) continue to shift their workloads to the cloud, managed service providers (MSPs) can take advantage of this trend by building a cloud practice. Offering cloud-based managed services enables MSPs to better support customers moving workloads to the cloud and create new revenue streams.
A Comprehensive Ransomware Protection: Detection, Response, And Recovery
Ransomware attacks can have serious financial implications for businesses, and ransom payment is just one complication. The business downtime associated with an attack can cripple revenue generation and the reputational damage to an organization that has been breached can take years to overcome.
The MSP’s Guide To Business Continuity And Disaster Recovery On Azure
As cloud adoption continues to grow among small and medium businesses (SMBs), Microsoft Azure has emerged as a popular option. When SMBs run workloads in Azure, they agree to a shared responsibility model. In this model, the cloud provider (Microsoft) assumes responsibility for the security and protection of the physical data centers, hosts, and network, while the user is responsible for everything else—including information and data, applications, and more.
BCDR Buyer’s Guide For MSPs
When a client’s server goes down or is compromised in a cyberattack, managed service providers (MSPs) need an effective business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) solution to restore data and operations quickly, without sacrificing margin. That means industry-leading recovery technology from a vendor that is there to support you 24x7x365, no matter what. Simply put, you need a solution you can rely on. One that delivers peace of mind—for you and your clients.