In our ongoing quest to provide you with the best business advice possible, we’ve partnered with The ASCII Group and their members who are going to share their thoughts on timely topics or best business practices. In this article, the following ASCII member answered our questions about surviving a pandemic:
- Joshua Liberman, President, Net Sciences, Inc.
- Mike Bloomfield, President Geek, Tekie Geek
- Zina Hassel, President, ZLH Enterprises Technology Consulting
- Christopher Barber, Chief Nerd, Cheaper Than A Geek
- Tina Ussery, Sales/Marketing, Abbott Solutions Group
- Tim Singleton, President, Strive Technology Consulting
- Austin Stinger, The Computer Place of Indiana
Q: Why are there so many Coronavirus-related scams?
Liberman: Because, to quote Willie Horton, that’s where the money is. Scammers are by their very nature, opportunistic and as such, keep their fingers to the pulse of current events. Whether its botched celebrity surgeries, political scandal, or the current pandemic that threatens the health of livelihood of the entire world, if it scares, titillates, or shocks, it is scammer gold.