StorONE today announced that the latest version of its S1 Enterprise Storage Platform is now generally available, helping ensure that data centers of all sizes can standardize on the software to greatly reduce both cost and complexity while increasing performance. With this release StorONE also announces a commitment to a quarterly based release cycle typical of a modern R&D Team.
The S1 Enterprise Storage Platform simplifies organizations’ storage infrastructures while dramatically reduces costs. It provides IT professionals with a solution that exceeds the objectives of software-defined storage, creating a storage platform the meets all present storage needs and is ready for future innovations. The Q2-2020 release of the S1 Enterprise Storage Platform adds key new features that further provide maximum performance, robust enterprise storage services and unified protocols to address any storage use case. It is available at no charge to existing customers and subscribers. Among the new features are:
- S1: Tier: provides the unique ability to move data across multiple tiers of storage. Where most solutions on the market can only transfer data between two tiers, S1 can move data from high-performance Optane or NVMe flash to high-density SAS flash storage, like QLC, to hard disk drives and then to the cloud for long-term archive.
- S1: Snap: zero-impact, unlimited snapshots achieve even higher value with the ability to tier older snapshot data to less-expensive hard disk-based or cloud storage. The ability to tier snapshot data, in addition to production data, furthers StorONE's capability to lessen the need for a separate backup solution.
- S1: Object: a new ability that enables S1 to create a volume that supports object storage via the S3 protocol. Adding object storage support completes the use-case picture for the S1 Enterprise Storage Platform. Now a single S1-powered storage server can support high-performance (1 million +) IOPS storage running on top of fibre or iSCSI. It can also deliver cost-effective, high-capacity NAS or object storage via NFS, SMB or S3. More importantly, all these protocols and use cases run under the same storage platform and enjoy the same features and benefits.
- S1: Replicate: is distinct in its ability to provide replication flexibility. Source and target storage clusters can have different drive redundancy settings, snapshot data retention policies and drive pool types. This flexibility enables organizations to have a dramatically less-expensive investment at their disaster recovery site than is possible with competing, less-flexible solutions.
- S1:Replicate provides asynchronous, semi-synchronous and synchronous replication of data from one StorONE system to another. Asynchronous replication acknowledges when the writes complete locally and to the local TCP buffer. The semi-synchronous replication setting acknowledges when data is written locally to the remote TCP buffer. Synchronous replication acknowledges when data is written locally and to the remote storage system.
"Our Q2-2020 release broadens the appeal of our Enterprise Storage Platform to a wider range of data centers. These data centers are looking to lower costs by balancing their investments in flash, hard-disk-drives and the cloud," said Gal Naor, StorONE co-founder, and CEO. "Our new asynchronous replication capabilities, combined with our existing high-availability feature, enable the platform to provide enterprises the ability to recover from both internal and regional disasters. Our tiering capability found in version enables organizations to significantly drive down the cost of capacity and enhances our existing S1:Snap to provide cost effective, long term data retention."
The Q2-2020 release also includes enhanced support for NVMe SSDs. S1 can place NVMe SSDs in a separate drive pool so that administrators can put the high performance drives in a different drive pool than SAS-based SSDs. If NVMe SSDs are available, the S1 platform will automatically place the S1 metadata on them to further accelerate performance.
"Our vision is to provide IT with the power to become Storage Heroes by eliminating the cost and complexity of enterprise storage while meeting all the organizations performance and capacity demands. The Q2-2020 release of the Enterprise Storage Platform is another step in fulfillment of the vision with the delivery of S3/Object storage support, which means we can now deliver on almost all the primary enterprise use cases. – from high performance to maximum capacity to the cloud," said George Crump, StorONE Chief Marketing Officer. “With S1, IT professionals can meet all the storage infrastructure demands placed on them by their organizations without compromising on features or breaking their budget."
Crump and Ittai Doron StorONE’s R&D Team Lead will demonstrate the new features found in the Q2-2020 release and how those features can enable IT professionals to be Storage Heroes during a live webinar on Tuesday March 31st at 11am Eastern US Time. Interested parties can register for the webinar at https://www.brighttalk.com/webcast/5583/395432
At StorONE, we focus on delivering the best results for our customers. Our mission is to make Storage Heroes by providing IT professionals with an Enterprise Storage Platform that transforms software-defined storage into a comprehensive storage infrastructure for all use cases. The platform’s portfolio ranges from All-Flash Arrays delivering 10K to 900K IOPS, Hybrid Arrays capable of supporting four tiers or more of storage and NAS/Backup solutions priced at less than a penny per GB. The platform is also protocol independent including fibre, iSCSI, NFS, SMB and S3. All members of the Enterprise Storage Platform are available on-premises or in the cloud and come with the same enterprise class feature set, driven by the same interface which significantly reduces the cost of storage operation.
Powering our Enterprise Storage Platform is our innovative technology, Total Resource Utilization (TRU). TRU, with over nine years of development investment and dozens of approved patents, enables maximum performance on minimal storage hardware while providing extensive data protection and flexibility for future growth.
StorONE founders are proven, successful entrepreneurs who boast over 50 patent awards. Top-tier industry luminaries and strategic investors back the company. The StorONE headquarters are in New York, with offices in Fort Worth TX, Tel Aviv, and Singapore. For more information, visit https://www.storone.com.