ERIE, PA – The Channel Transitions VAR/MSP Executive Conference, powered by Business Solutions Magazine (BSM), has announced the keynote speakers for the Oct. 7 event. John Rutkowski of BOLDER Designs will headline the morning keynote and Kathy Conrad from Mercury will be the keynote for the afternoon session.
The CEO for managed services provider BOLDER Designs, Rutkowski will present “The Five Lessons Learned in Transforming from Break/Fix to Managed Services.” Rutkowski, who has successfully launched and managed three businesses, is frequently requested to speak to channel executives about BOLDER’s transformation. Rutkowski’s morning keynote is sponsored by AVG Managed Workplace.
Conrad, the Senior Director of Marketing – Demand Generation at Mercury, will discuss “Becoming a Merchant Services Provider – Transitions, Trends and Triumphs.” Conrad is a business-to-business marketing expert and has focused much of her career on marketing in the IT channel. Conrad’s afternoon keynote is sponsored by Mercury.
“I’m thrilled to have respected people like John and Kathy speaking at our conference, and their topics are perfect for channel executives,” said Jim Roddy, president of Business Solutions. “Our goal for Channel Transitions is to provide real-world, nuts-and-bolts, headaches-and-heartaches discussions and success stories on the transition to the ‘as a Service’ business model. John and Kathy will provide our attendees with a real-world perspective for sure.”
Channel Transitions is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 7, at The National Constitution Center in Philadelphia. The conference will focus on helping VARs transitioning from break/fix to the “as a Service” business model, one of the most important topics in today’s IT channel.
In just one day, VARs, MSPs, and ISVs will:
- Learn how to fund the shift to “as a Service” without wrecking cash flow
- Understand effective pricing and bundling strategies
- Discover how leading MSPs market their business and overcome customer objections
- Learn secrets of hiring, training, and keeping reps focused on selling services
- Be exposed to new compensation models for reps and techs
- Demo new products, learn about new channel services, and get quality face time with leading vendors
- Meet new colleagues and connect with channel leaders
- Network with growth-oriented VARs and MSPs from New York City, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Baltimore, and D.C. areas
- Walk away with a plan to increase the equity value of your business
Channel Transitions is sponsored by: AVG Managed Workplace, Mercury, OKI Data Americas, GFI MAX, ModernOffice Suite, and Harbortouch along with industry association partners CompTIA, The ASCII Group, and the Retail Solutions Providers Association (RSPA).
For more information on the Channel Transitions VAR/MSP Executive Conference, visit www.BSMinfo.com/go/ChannelTransitions.
Business Solutions is the channel leader in educating VARs, MSPs, and ISVs on the transition to the “as a Service” business model and establishing a recurring revenue stream. Business Solutions has published several feature stories, case studies, opinion columns, and special guides on this important topic. BSM subscribers said they wanted even more information – including the opportunity to network with other channel partners who are focused on this transition and services-oriented vendors. From that, the Channel Transitions VAR/MSP Executive Conference was born.