By Sean Berg, Shift4
Your clients are busy running their businesses and don’t have time to worry about accumulating and analyzing data. They are looking to you as their trusted adviser to do that and, with the correct business platform, you can accomplish that and more.
Fifteen years ago, a restaurant’s business platform consisted of electronic cash registers and credit card machines. Over five years ago, a point of sale (POS) system became commonplace. In today’s climate, however, these technologies are simply not enough.
Food and beverage operators need to be able to meet ever-evolving consumer demand, which has forced the modern business platform to do things unheard of a decade ago such as interact with social media networks. Today’s business owner must have access to their business platform from anywhere and their minimum needs have increased to include:
- Real-time reporting and insights
- Customer relationship management and guest engagement tools
- Reputation and social media management tools
- Data aggregation across business locations
- The ability to manage all data with the same platform being used to manage point of sale configuration, pricing, and scheduling