Asigra Inc., a leading cloud backup, recovery and restore software provider since 1986, recently announced the general availability of Asigra AWS Snapshot Manager, a software tool that automates the process of performing and managing Elastic Block Store (EBS) images of virtual machine volumes in Amazon Web Services Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) environments. For organizations that leverage AWS for data storage, EBS snapshots are necessary to protect data stored in VMs and for strategic VM management and control. The Asigra AWS Snapshot Manager is free of cost and offers managed service providers the opportunity to expand their total addressable market with high-value services that simplify and automate common snapshot management tasks. MSPs can publish their co-branded AWS Snapshot Manager services in the AWS Marketplace to reach new customers and extend new services to existing clients.
Highlights of the Asigra AWS Snapshot Manager
- Simple management. The software enables users to quickly and easily create, restore, copy, delete, migrate between regions, start, stop, launch, or delete snapshots on the fly in AWS through easy-to-set automated rules.
- Eliminates manual processes. Automated snapshot management eliminates writing complex, manual backup scripts to perform snapshots.
- Easy scheduling. Asigra AWS Snapshot Manager allows users to run scheduled or manual snapshots any time of the day, week, or month, and easily program other VM snapshot functions on AWS.
- Single interface. The AWS Snapshot Manager enables users to create, view and manage multiple VM snapshots within a single, user-friendly interface.
- Saves time and money. Automation streamlines the snapshot process, saving time, freeing development resources to focus on other business priorities, and empowering organizations to optimize their data protection strategy while minimizing their overall AWS EC2 costs.
New business opportunities for MSPs
Using the new software tool, MSPs can configure and manage the snapshotting of their customers’ AWS environments, or provide customers with the ability to configure and self-manage their own snapshot processes with the Asigra AWS Snapshot Manager.
“Asigra AWS Snapshot Manager is easy to use, and automates our previous manual process of writing and managing our own scripts,” said Brent Reichow, Co-founder and CEO, Blueshift Data Protection. “Asigra AWS Snapshot Manager helps us better support our customers by making AWS-related backup tasks much easier, and opens up new opportunities for us in a community where we simply didn’t have a lot of traction.”
“With support for AWS Snapshots on EC2 instances, Asigra helps AWS users automate an extremely manual time consuming process today while providing our Partners with an opportunity to engage with a rapidly growing community to expand their total addressable market,” said Eran Farajun, executive vice president, Asigra. “Leveraging Asigra AWS Snapshot Manager as a freemium service provides MSPs a ‘foot in the door’ with potential buyers and the opportunity to offer other, higher-margin services, including their cloud backup service powered by Asigra for other data sources beyond AWS.”
"Enterprise customers running multiple servers on AWS go through a lot of manual, unproductive effort to manage hardware-based backups such as data snapshots,” said Prateek Garg, founder and CEO, Progressive Infotech LLC. “Asigra AWS Snapshot Manager solves all these challenges by integrating AWS snapshots into enterprise-class data protection strategies. Now customers have a single interface to automate, manage, control, and govern policies for AWS snapshots."
Trusted since 1986, Asigra provides organizations around the world the ability to recover their data now from anywhere through a global network of partners who deliver cloud backup and recovery services as public, private and/or hybrid deployments. As the industry’s first enterprise-class agentless cloud-based recovery software to provide data backup and recovery of servers, virtual machines, endpoint devices, databases and applications, SaaS and IaaS based applications, Asigra lowers the total cost of ownership, reduces recovery time objectives, eliminates silos of backup data by providing a single consolidated repository, and provides 100% recovery assurance. Asigra’s revolutionary patent-pending Recovery License Model provides organizations with a cost effective data recovery business model unlike any other offered in the storage market. Asigra has been recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor and has been included in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup Software and Integrated Appliances since 2011. For more information, visit www.asigra.com.