HiveSchool is Aerohive’s Latest Addition to Its Growing App Portfolio
Aerohive Networks recently announced HiveSchool, a new connected learning application that helps K-12 teachers leverage technology in the classroom. HiveSchool is an easy way for teachers to present digital content during class, collaborate with students, monitor student activity, keep students on task, and assign a variety of learning resources.
HiveSchool is the latest addition to Aerohive’s growing application portfolio. It builds upon the success of education-focused applications such as TeacherView, which was introduced in 2010, and StudentManager, which was introduced in 2011.
- In K-12 education, computers, tablets, projectors, and other smart devices are increasingly staples in the digital classroom. However, with this technology adoption, teachers face challenges in leveraging them effectively for the learning environment. To help unlock the potential of classroom technologies, teachers need a way to easily connect and utilize the devices students use during class.
- Aerohive is releasing HiveSchool, a new connected learning application that lets K-12 teachers create engaging, collaborative, and effective learning experiences for students. Its key features include:
- Easy onboarding of student devices creates a visual, intuitive class roster that populates as students join the class;
- Content sharing from a teacher’s computer or from an assigned student’s computer;
- Resource features enable teachers to quickly access, save, and assign to students teaching resources such as documents, webpages, applications, and video clips;
- Viewing function allows teachers to remotely view student screens in real time to track progress and keep students on-task; and
- On Chromebooks, HiveSchool has control capabilities allowing teachers to remotely close browser tabs on student computers and limit student browsing to an assigned resource.
- Aerohive is offering HiveSchool to schools as a free application to improve digital learning. HiveSchool can be run on any wireless network infrastructure, an Aerohive network is not required. HiveSchool builds on Aerohive’s experience developing learning and classroom management applications, which started with the launch of TeacherView in 2010.
- HiveSchool is optimized for use on Chromebooks, but will also work on any computer that has a full Chrome browser installed. Chromebooks are increasingly popular in education and are ideal for schools because of their comprehensive ecosystem, easy-to-manage platform, and attractive price.
- HiveSchool’s intuitive user experience makes it easy for both teachers and students to use and results in a shorter learning curve. Its simple deployment and management minimizes incremental IT workloads.
- Aerohive will demo HiveSchool in its stand (#C268) at Bett Show 2016 on January 20 through 23 in London.
- HiveSchool was selected by Tech & Learning as Best of Show at ISTE 2015, the premier education technology conference.
“HiveSchool has not only enabled efficient classroom collaboration, it has allowed teachers to find creative solutions for digital instruction, from accommodating students with special needs to allowing teachers to easily broadcast content to individual student devices,” said Keith Osburn, technology and special programs director, Jeff Davis County Schools. “In a short amount of time, our teachers have come to rely on HiveSchool for everyday classroom management and activities.”
“The HiveSchool app is an ingenious and an integral part of one-to-one learning environments for collaboration and control of the classroom," said Suzie Giacotto, French teacher, Guerin College Prep.
“Technology is continuing to transform the classroom both for teachers and students,” said David Greene, chief marketing officer, Aerohive Networks. “With HiveSchool, we can provide teachers with an easy way to leverage classroom technology to create engaging learning experiences. HiveSchool brings another effective and innovative solution to K-12 students and teachers adding to our growing portfolio of customer apps.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive enables our customers to simply and confidently connect to the information, applications, and insights they need to thrive. Our simple, scalable, and secure platform delivers mobility without limitations. For our customers worldwide, every access point is a starting point. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. For more information, visit http://www.aerohive.com.