New Offering Enables Organizations to Consolidate Server and Endpoint Protection with One Integrated Cloud Solution
Axcient, the leader in cloud-based Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS), recently announced a new offering – Direct to Cloud – that expands Axcient’s offering to laptops and desktops, and enables organizations to replicate physical and virtual servers to the cloud without the need for a local appliance.
Axcient’s powerfully simple Business Recovery Cloud mirrors an organization’s entire IT infrastructure – now including laptops and desktops – in the cloud to ensure that core business functions are never interrupted, applications are always available, and data is always accessible. This offering is the first of its kind.
- Direct to Cloud allows organizations that have relied on consumer-grade endpoint backup products, such as Mozy, Carbonite and Crashplan, to consolidate all of their backup and recovery solutions on a single cloud platform: Axcient Business Recovery Cloud.
- Unlike backup products that only copy files to cloud storage, Axcient Direct to Cloud enables customers to take full system snapshots of their laptops, workstations and servers, and store them in the cloud. When the primary system is unavailable, customers can instantly launch a virtual replica in the Axcient Business Recovery Cloud to enable seamless business continuity. When ready, customers can then migrate images to new hardware or a virtual environment.
- Replication to the cloud via Direct to Cloud can happen even if the device is not connected to a LAN. Users can connect to the Internet anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection, and Direct to Cloud will track offline changes and then securely resume replication.
- Axcient is the only DRaaS vendor that has three deployment options – physical, virtual or directly to the cloud – and now is extending the same level of server protection that made Axcient the leader in DRaaS to endpoint devices.
- Direct to Cloud includes server image replication (support for physical and virtual servers); laptop image replication (full image backup for Windows- based laptops); and instant failover (cloud failover of servers and laptops).
- Additional Axcient Direct to Cloud features include:
- Appliance-less, eliminating the need to deploy a local appliance.
- Available as a software download – once installed on laptops, servers or workstations, it establishes a secure encrypted connection to the Axcient Business Recovery Cloud.
- Configurable replication interval, retention, and bandwidth consumption
- Manage-by-exception health thresholds and notifications that speed up device management and troubleshooting
- Point-in-time recovery for data recovery, system failover, and image restoration giving businesses true business continuity
- Same web-based interface that customers use to manage server protection with Axcient, allowing a single interface for protection and recovery of all devices across an entire enterprise
- Unlimited storage, compute and bandwidth
- Axcient’s powerfully simple Business Recovery Cloud is the easiest way for companies to protect, access, and recover data and applications. Developed in the cloud, for the cloud, the Axcient Business Recovery Cloud mirrors an organization’s entire IT infrastructure in the cloud to provide total IT resiliency and ensure that core business functions are never interrupted, applications are always available, and data is always accessible.
“Direct to Cloud fills a major gap in the market. No other vendor offers the same end-to-end protection for laptops, desktops and servers across physical and virtual environments,” said Justin Moore, CEO at Axcient. “Our customers and partners have been asking us to bring our leading Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service solution to endpoints so that they can do away with legacy online backup products and we decided to take it a step further and make an applianceless version of our platform for servers. Businesses of all sizes can now have enterprise level replication and resiliency for all of their systems at a tenth of the cost of building a replicated datacenter.”
“As an Axcient partner, Direct to Cloud gives us an important tool that expands our offering in two ways,” said Luis Alvarez, president and CEO at Alvarez Technology Group. “With the ability to eliminate the cost of an appliance, now even our smallest clients that only have a few servers that need protection can have access to enterprise-level resiliency at true SMB price points. Additionally, Direct to Cloud provides us with a better solution for endpoint protection, and allows us to replace endpoint backup solutions like Carbonite and consolidate a business’s entire protection suite into one platform. Direct to Cloud was very easy to deploy, and we are looking forward to bringing it to our customers.”
- Axcient Website: http://axcient.com/
- Solutions: http://axcient.com/solutions/
Axcient’s Business Recovery Cloud eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and ensures that IT infrastructures never go down. Axcient replaces legacy backup, server replication, disaster recovery and archiving products, and enables companies to achieve enterprise-class IT resiliency all with one powerfully simple cloud platform. Thousands of businesses trust Axcient to keep their applications running and employees always productive. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.